From the common cold to cancer, it is acceptable and within social norms to be physically ill; it happens to everyone, and nobody judges us for it.
I hope that these 5 powerful tips might offer insights from my life experience that could potentially help you when facing any extreme physical, mental and spiritual challenge—like going through cancer treatment.
1. Stay in the present tense and accept the reality – Accept the current state of your body and the circumstances with optimism, staying focused on the treatment does the best for you. “Right here, right now I am doing the best I can for myself”, it helps build calmness and confidence within you to face the reality.
2. Love and Support – Love is the most powerful drug that helps you to come out of any situation. Having a strong family and friends support network during any difficult event is the key to pulling yourself through. For me it wasn’t the constant battle of keeping my spirits up because my family and friends knew what I was going through and were always thinking of ways to make me smile. I remember, my husband asking for doctor’s permission to take me for movies and dates. Don’t be afraid to seek family and friends support. When you’re vulnerable it’s the support that lifts you out of the darkness and allows hope to shine through.
3. Finding true happiness – “Happiness isn’t a Prize. It’s a Decision.”
You call this pain? This is relatively nothing. The most valuable life lesson I learned from the difficult experiences was that I had the free will to choose happiness over negativity in every situation.
I know it’s impossible to be happy and when the reality of the situation is really bad and that it is cliche to recommend having a positive attitude but yes it makes a lot of difference when we look at the bright side.
4. Overcome Fear and anxiety – Fear and anxiety have been scientifically proven to harm your health, putting you at risk of everything from heart disease to cancer to the common viral.
Fear sells, and the world knows it. But with the advancement of Internet information at your fingertips has transformed us into a fear-driven society, terrified of things that are relatively low risk. Realize that the media is trying to make you tune in by making you afraid. Refuse to be part of the game. Rather than getting swept up in irrational fears, educate yourself. Know the real risks, and then make decisions accordingly.
5. Affirmations – Last but not the least, try affirmations like “I am brave.” Or “I am perfectly healthy.” Power goes into our word according to the feeling and faith behind it. Your desire is your prayer. You can build radiant health, happiness and success by the thoughts you think in your hidden mind. Generate positivity and vibrations of health and harmony by thinking of the love and the glory of the God.
I have learned that all the diseases originate in the mind. Nothing appears on the body unless there is a mental pattern corresponding to it.
“The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.”
– The Power of Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy.
A book that changed my life and helped me realize my true inner strength and I hope these powerful techniques help you overcome any diseases just by changing your attitude and beliefs.